The list of Spring ’21 features below apply to Salesforce Lightning Experience only.
There are additional Spring ’21 features available to Salesforce Classic only, Salesforce Lightning Experience and Classic, Salesforce Experience (Community) Enhancements, Mobile Enhancements, Other Enhancements in the Spring’21 Release Highlights post.
Note: These features are not listed in any specific order.
1. Manually share records in Lightning as you can in Classic. This will be available on a rolling basis starting with the Spring ’21 release until February 27, 2021. Note: Unlike in Classic, you do not see the share reason for each person.
2. Add customized actions to the Recently Views list views
3. Quickly identify customer portal users and partner users from your internal users when changing record ownership.
4. Use Lightning Email Templates in Salesforce automation! Now you can reference it in email alerts, flow, workflow, process builder, approval processes and more! Previously, we could only use the Salesforce Classic email template in automation.
5. Lightning App Builder enhancements:
- Ability to reference a Custom Label for Tabs for users to see labels in their language.
- Dynamic Actions for custom objects are GA on mobile.
- Dynamic Actions for Account, Case, Contact, Lead and Opportunity are GA for desktop. Dynamic Actions for all other standard objects are Beta for desktop.
- Performance Analysis can now be performed on a phone in addition to the desktop.
- Expand and collapse field sections on Dynamic Form pages while in view or inline edit mode.
6. Dynamic Forms enabled pages checks for duplicates before you save the record. Previously, the duplicate check was done after you saved the record.
7. Manage users’ access to Einstein Activity Capture by the user profile instead of just by user.
8. Analytics enhancements:
- Multi-select fields to move together onto your report.
- Create a custom URL with filter parameters for your dashboard. When you access the custom URL, your filters will be set up for you.
- Export a report in .xlsx format. Now, you can export reports in .xlsx, .xls or csv format.
9. In-App Guidance enhancements:
- Enhance In-App Guidance by adding images. Add .jpg, .jpeg, .png or .gif files to spice up that in-app guidance prompt.
- Users can snooze In-App Guidance to view it later. Users can choose to snooze it for 20 mins, 1 hour, 3 hours, tomorrow or next week.
- Choose from 9 positions for your floating prompt.
- (With the Access Walkthroughs permission set license and the Walkthroughs permission set from the myTrailhead subscription). Use a walkthrough to show the entire process for creating, editing and cloning records.
- (With the Access Walkthroughs permission set license and the Walkthroughs permission set from the myTrailhead subscription). Users can share in-app guidance links with shareable URLs.
- Users can move floating prompts on an iPad.
- (Beta) Use In-App Learning with Trailhead to choose Trailhead or myTrailhead modules to show and assign to specific users or groups to show them in the appropriate learning context.
10. Knowledge Enhancements:
- Favorite articles now point to the latest version.
- When you insert an article into an email, all previously inserted articles and related files are not overridden or lost.
- Add alt text captions to images in Knowledge articles.
11. Customize the default No-Reply Address instead of email@example.com. To set this up, search for Support Settings and turn on Send Case Notifications from System Address and configure the No-Reply address in the Organization-Wide Addresses section. Then, Enable Test Run in Release Updates.
12. Convert leads to a person and business account with the API. Refer to the release notes for specifics.
13. Email soft bounces are tracked in the activity timeline.
14. (For Salesforce Inbox and Enhanced Email enabled) Add Zoom meeting links automatically to invites created with Insert Availability.
15. Salesforce Connect enhancements:
- Use the PlatformConnect scratch org feature to configure up to 5 SalesConnect licenses.
- Reauthenticate after editing certain fields on a Named Credential or External Data Source. If you update the following fields, you will need to reauthenticate:
- URL: Named credential and external data source
- Authentication Provider: Named credential and external data source
- Outbound Network Connection: Named credential only
16. Lightning Component enhancements:
- DOM API changes may require UI test updates. Salesforce cannot guarantee backward compatibility for HTML, CSS or DOM. Automation UI tests may require ongoing maintenance.
- (Pilot) Create a Lightning Web Component action. Create a LWC that can be used in a quick action.
17. Sandbox enhancements:
- Use Data Mask to automatically mask data in your sandbox.
- (Generally Available) Track changes between your local project and sandbox. Use the command in CLI “sfdx force:source:status -u DevSandbox” where DevSandbox is the username for the sandbox to track the changes between the local project and sandbox.
18. Get search results from additional objects.
19. Configure the user and batch size in a platform event trigger. Override the running user (Automated Process system user) and 2,000 event batch size.