The list of Spring ’20 features below apply to Community enhancements.
There are additional Spring ’20 features available to Salesforce Classic only, Lightning Experience and Salesforce Classic, Lightning Experience only, Mobile Enhancements, Other Enhancements in the Summer ’20 Release Highlights post.
Note: These features are not listed in any specific order.
- Create custom Lightning components to override the New or Edit standard forms. Select Override standard actions with a Lightning component in the Administration | Preferences | Community Management section.
- Personalize the navigation menus, tile menus and CMS collections by audience. Previously, you could only personalize page variations, branding sets and components.
- Improved Community Pages Menu allows you to search for the page, see where the folder it resides in and edit the page right from the search results.
- Initiate a manual refresh of your SEO sitemap outside the automated sitemap generation process that occurs every Sunday. Note: This applies to Salesforce CMS and Lightning communities.
- Add dynamic SEO properties to your content detail pages for improved search engine results.
- Customize the tile formatting and text formatting with the revamped tile menu. Note: To use the new version, you need to delete the old component and add the new one. Once you delete the old component, you cannot restore it.
- The new user profile menu component allows you to configure menu items, add personalization and show the user’s company logo and name.
- Add the multi-level navigation that allows you to show one level of menu at a time, up to 5 category levels.
- (Pilot) Use Build Your Own (LWC) template to create fast and efficient communities. Note: This minimal template provides a few components and is best for developers who build LWC components.
- ExperienceBundle now includes the theme layout properties.
- Guest User Security Policies Enforced:
a. Option to hide certain personal information on the user record from external user view.
b. Automatically assign records created by a guest user to a default user. Note: You can opt out of this security policy before Summer ’20 but will need to remediate this when it is enforced in Winter ’21.
c. Give yourself more time by opting out of guest user security policies before Summer ’20. By activating this update, you will automatically opt out of these settings that will be auto-enabled with Summer ’20: secure guest user record access, assign new records created by guest users to a default owner and assign new records created by Salesforce Sites guest users. Note: You must comply with the new guest security policies before Winter ’21 when they are enforced in all orgs.
d. Guest users can’t be assigned as an owner of existing records in the org. Note: You can opt out of this security policy before Summer ’20 but will need to remediate this when it is enforced in Winter ’21.
e. Secure guest users’ OWD and sharing model is enforced. This sets private OWD for guest users and restricts sharing tools you would use to grant record access to guest users. Note: For more information, view this Guest User Security Policies and Timelines Help article.
f. View all users and other permissions disabled in the guest user profile. Other permissions: Can Approve Feed Post and Comments, Enable UI Tier Architecture, Remove People from Direct Messages, View Topics, and Send Non-Commercial Email.
g. (Orgs created in Summer ’20 and beyond) Allow guest users to only create and read records in objects. You cannot provide View All Data, Modify All Data, update or delete permissions on custom objects.
h. (Security Alert) Starting with the Winter ’21 release, View All Data, Modify All Data, delete permissions on standard and custom objects will be removed from the guest user profile.
i. Buy yourself more time by opting out of turning off community specific setting for guest users to see other community members. Note: This will be automatically disabled in Winter ’21.
j. (Security Alert) Restrict access to @AuraEnabled apex methods for guests and portal users based on the user profile. When activated, this update will enforce user profile restrictions for apex classes used in aura and LWC.
k. (Security Alert) Restrict access to @AuraEnabled apex methods for authenticated users based on user profile. When activated, this update will enforce user profile restrictions for apex classes used in aura and LWC.
- Enable 2FA (two factor authentication) for external users via the External Identity license.
- Partners and customers can share data with other external accounts using external account hierarchies.