The list of Winter ’20 features below apply to Salesforce Classic.
There are additional Winter ’20 features available to Lightning Experience and Salesforce Classic, Lightning Experience only, Community Enhancements, Mobile Enhancements, Other Enhancements in the Winter ’20 Release Highlights post.
Note: These features are not listed in any specific order.
- (Critical Update, Enforced) Salesforce is turning on Lightning Experience on a rolling basis, starting with Winter ’20. Unless your users fall into these categories, DO NOT PANIC. Users WITH the Lightning Experience permission ENABLED either via standard profile assignment or users assigned to custom profiles or permission sets with Lightning Experience system permission enabled, will receive Lightning Experience as a user experience. (Note: Any custom profiles cloned from a standard profile will inherit the Lightning Experience system permission. However, a system administrator can disable it. For those users with the Lightning Experience permission, once a week, users still using Classic will be automatically logged into Lightning Experience. Users will be able to switch back to Classic, as needed.
- Lightning Experience is permanently enabled when enabled.
- User’s default experience will remain in Classic IF they existed in the org prior to Lightning Experience being turned on.
- Users added to an org AFTER Lightning Experience is enabled, will have their default interface set to Lightning Experience.
- (Beta) Use the Lightning Experience Configuration Converter to identify hardcoded URL references as they will no longer work after enabling My Domain. Access URL: https://lightning-configuration.salesforce.com/ and log in with your org credentials.
- (Beta) Scan your the AppExchange Packages in the Lightning Experience Configuration Converter to determine if your packages are Lightning Experience ready. Access URL: https://lightning-configuration.salesforce.com/ and log in with your org credentials.
- (Generally Available) Scan your Classic actions and buttons to move them into Lightning Experience actions using the Lightning Experience Configuration Converter. Access URL: https://lightning-configuration.salesforce.com/ and log in with your org credentials.
- (Document Management add-on enabled) With Document tracking and approvals, your customers can upload files for each document checklist item and your internal Salesforce users can review and either approve or reject the documents. Use case: mortgage application submission process.
- When migrating to Lightning Knowledge, you can specify the file access default (all users or only internal users).